There are many reasons why a business’ image is crucial for the survival of their business, especially in the era of the Internet and web search dependency for information. Whether you have an ORM issue or not, monitoring your business online is necessary to ensure a positive healthy image. Here are 10 reasons why you need to care about monitoring your business’ online reputation:
- Pervasive Online Presence – This the many channels that individuals can now use to reach a business with the online world, it increases the opportunity for individuals to leave bad commentary and reviews on more websites. This does not mean decrease your presence but it does mean you need to diligently check all your online assets for image control.
- Respond Immediately – Not only do you want to respond to comments, good or bad, immediately to show your followers that you an engaged individual/business, you want to ensure that you respond with engaging and truthful content. Respond with what your customer wants to hear while staying true to your values.
- Word-of-Mouth Marketing – Much of WOM marketing has integrated into the online world. One of the most proven ways of gaining trust is by creating an overall image in individuals minds about your brand. What do they think of when they hear or say your name? That image is what you want to control so you need to develop ways to gain trust and customer loyalty online and offline.
- WOM Travels Fast – Because WOM Marketing is the most trustworthy form of marketing, it is equally trustworthy when it comes to bad news too. Individuals will especially trust people in their close circles when they are told to stay away from a brand or person.
- Miscommunication – Sometimes, whether individuals or companies put out press releases or any information in the media, it can get misinterpreted. This means that individuals can respond in an unfavorable way, potentially lashing out or no longer inquiring for business opportunities with the individual or company.
While online reputation monitoring can be time consuming says InternetReputation.Services, it is necessary to avoid more costly larger scale issues. For more information about online reputation monitoring, contact InternetReputation.Services today!